- - Marion County
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefit package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance. Paid holiday, vacation and sick days. Free parking. Pension and matching retirement plan, short-term disability and long-term disability.
Are you concerned about Families in our community? Are you interested in helping individuals
and families improve the quality of their lives and relationships?
If so, Families First is the organization for you.
Families First is a looking for a full-time Survivor Advocate in our Breaking Free program.
The Breaking Free program provides access to domestic violence advocates and counselors, who work in locations throughout the community to support, educate and advocate for victims of domestic abuse. Our program works to empower individuals to break free from abusive relationships, to provide resources and education for safety, healing and growth, and to promote community awareness and to end the cycle of violence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide phone, persona and court advocacy to sexual assault victims.
- Provide sexual and domestic violence educational presentations to children, youth and adults
- Assist clients in receiving various community resources
- Provide both ongoing and initial intake contacts for crisis calls
- Partner with other Families First staff to provide well rounded services to our clients
- Coordinate Sexual Assault support group at community location
- Keep accurate and timely case records in electronic database
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding all client information
- Conduct outreach to local organizations to increase visibility of sexual assault services
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Must hold a Bachelor's degree in human services. Fluent in both Spanish and English is preferred but not required. Capacity to work with victims of domestic violence, ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and procedures, ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, referral sources, and the general public, ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations, ability to utilize critical thinking and crisis management skills and computer skills with contact management systems; internet software, basic spreadsheet and word processing software. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.