Accounting Assistant - Full-time
- - General and Administration Department
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefit package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance. Paid holiday, vacation and sick days. Free parking. Pension and matching retirement plan, short-term disability and long-term disability.
Are you concerned about Families in our community? Are you interested in helping individuals
and families improve the quality of their lives and relationships?
If so, Families First is the organization for you.
Families First is a looking for a full-time Accounting Assistant to work at our central location located at 2240 N. Meridian, Indianapolis, IN.
The person in this position will perform the accounts payable and payroll functions for the organization; prepare monthly billing for various payors; assist with budgets and required reporting for various payors; perform payroll for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Codes, records, and scans all invoices; writes accounts payable checks for the general checking account.
- Prepare monthly billings for various payors, government grants and contracts.
- Assist in budget preparations and final reporting for various government grants and foundation grants.
- Performs payroll function including maintaining confidential payroll files; performing payroll calculations via payroll processing company; generating payroll registers; monthly reconciliation of accrued payroll, payroll withholding accounts and related expense accounts.
- Reconciles monthly health, dental, vision, and retirement invoices. Ensures accurate invoicing for new employees and terminated employees and coordinates through payroll accordingly.
- Assist with the annual 403(b) audit and annual financial audit.
- Maintain inventory record of fixed assets for the depreciation schedule, and records monthly journal entry.
- Reconcile monthly bank and investment statements and records monthly journal entry.
- Performs other duties as requested and/or required by management.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Minimum of two years of accounting/payroll experience. Knowledge of Accounting, A/P, A/R, Payroll, G/L, GAAP, and Internal Control, knowledge of and/or aptitude for computer Accounting Software, spreadsheets (Excel), and word processing (Word), time management skills and the ability to prioritize. Must have the ability to communicate and to work well with all levels of staff and management. Experience with Financial Edge NXT software a plus. Experience with grant accounting a plus.